• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
Where premium quality meets exceptional value. ZEISS Conquest HDX.

June Moths (1 Viewer)

Trapped again last night (it's been such a bad year weather-wise I'm only taking breaks when forced to) and had a good result with both a macro tick Marbled White Spot and micro tick Evergestis limbata along with NFY Anania coronata. Numbers were supplied by 9 Heart and Darts and 5 Chrysoteuchia culmella while fresh-looking Figure of Eighty and 2 Green Oak Tortrix (the last much more colourful than the previous night's two) added interest. Single Flame, Heart and Club, Treble Lines, Light Emerald and Vines Rustic less so.

John

Thanks John... that's very kind of you to say.

I use a Canon 7D which is 16yrs old now with a Canon 100mmf2.8 L IS Macro lens.

Probably 8 of 8 last night with 3 “drum roll”… in the pot! to include 2 (NFY)- Bird’s Wing, Light Arches, Least Carpet, H&D, Treble-Brown Spot, Common Marbled Carpet, Mocha, Garden Carpet + a small green jobby.😮

Attachments

• IMG_2308.jpeg
    IMG_2308.jpeg
    725.9 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_2294.jpeg
    IMG_2294.jpeg
    450.4 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_2299.jpeg
    IMG_2299.jpeg
    289.1 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_2311.jpeg
    IMG_2311.jpeg
    394 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_2314.jpeg
    IMG_2314.jpeg
    481.6 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_2304.jpeg
    IMG_2304.jpeg
    491 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_2315.jpeg
    IMG_2315.jpeg
    150.9 KB · Views: 10
Not much from me after another poor showing, with just 6/5...including...1 Buff Ermine, 1 Ribband Wave, 2 Small Magpie, 1 LYU and an unknown Micro.

Here are the Small Magpie, Ribband Wave and the Micro.

View attachment 1586218

View attachment 1586219

View attachment 1586220
The micro is one of the Eudonia species (Eudonia angustea maybe).

I've got the same setup as you (albeit no moth trap as live in a first floor flat without a garden), so I can appreciate your skill and eye for a photo (and no doubt patience!). Do you use any kind of flash?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back