- Columba punicea
- Whitish crown
- Maroon upperparts
- Green sheen on neck, mantle and back
- Slate rump and uppertail coverts
- Black tail and flight feathers
- Red eye ring and base of bill
Female has a greyer crown
Forest, bamboo, agricultural fields and mangroves. Recorded from sea level up to 1600 m.
Their diet consists of a variety of fruits, berries and figs, also bamboo seeds and other grains.
They build their nests in thick forests near to water. The clutch consists of 1 or 2 eggs which both sexes incubate.
- Clements, J. F., T. S. Schulenberg, M. J. Iliff, B.L. Sullivan, C. L. Wood, and D. Roberson. 2013. The eBird/Clements checklist of birds of the world: Version 6.8., with updates to August 2013. Downloaded from http://www.birds.cornell.edu/clementschecklist/download/
- Handbook of the Birds of the World Alive (retrieved July 2014)
- The website of Everything
- BirdForum Opus contributors. (2023) Pale-capped Pigeon. In: BirdForum, the forum for wild birds and birding. Retrieved 28 November 2023 from https://www.birdforum.net/opus/Pale-capped_Pigeon