• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
Where premium quality meets exceptional value. ZEISS Conquest HDX.

What the h*** is wrong with Swarovski Europe Servicing? (1 Viewer)

If you want expensive, I have seen hand aspherised military lenses at one million dollars plus.

Regards,
B.
I own two astronomy telescopes with hand-aspherized ED objectives fabricated by an engineer - Roland Christen - who previously worked on military optics....both under $10K. He retired from that career and started Astro-Physics. You must be familiar with them. I believe he was actually working the optics in the U2 spy planes in the late 60's.

You should check out Berlebach tripods if you haven't. They don't need to send anyone on remote service trips because they never need service. When you compare their wood & CF tripods to what you get from Vinton or Sachler it's actually laughable. I just upraded to a new tripod from them after checking into the video tripods.

If you want expensive, I have seen hand aspherised military lenses at one million dollars plus.

Regards,
B.
I got a little bit of experience in this world and within the military industrial complex 1 million doesn't necessarily mean much...

I've seen COTS SSD's marked up 1,500+ percent. That's not an exaggeration, only God knows what that money goes to.

You should check out Berlebach tripods if you haven't. They don't need to send anyone on remote service trips because they never need service. When you compare their wood & CF tripods to what you get from Vinton or Sachler it's actually laughable.
Berlebach makes good tripods, but ... Do you actually have any real life experience with Sachtler tripods?

I somehow doubt it.

Hermann

Berlebach makes good tripods, but ... Do you actually have any real life experience with Sachtler tripods?

I somehow doubt it.

Hermann
So sorry I disrepected Sachtler tripods. I hope it wasn't too painful for you. No, I'd never spend money on them, I just got a Berlebach Sky tripod that is vastly better and cheaper.

I had sent the binoculars for repair only for the rubber armour problem to be fixed, there was absolutely no other issue, the optics were pristine beforehand.
The lens with the faulty coating is INSIDE the barrel, which means that either they opened the binocular to do something to the optics without my knowing OR they gave ma back another binocular. It just sucks, I can no longer trust them, as they only mentioned the rubber armour replacement with no added charges.
That is easy to check via the serial number.
If the apparently differently coloured coating does not impinge on the view THROUGH the binocular, who gives a rat's?
Anyway, if it is all so terribly bad and you just cannot live with it any longer, why not talk to Swarovski?

So sorry I disrepected Sachtler tripods. I hope it wasn't too painful for you. No, I'd never spend money on them, I just got a Berlebach Sky tripod that is vastly better and cheaper.
Well, then all the wildlife photographers and the television teams and the film production companies obviously don't know what they're doing.

BTW, did you ever handle a Sachtler? You avoided that question.

Hermann

Ever heard anything about thread drift?

Hermann
The way this thread has been going thread drift was inevitable .

This is for the OP .

Like so many have recommended , talk to Swarovski instead of complaining and bashing about something you are clearly doing to yourself , almost troll-like behaviour . You might be pleasantly surprised at the outcome of talking to Swarovski or at the very least get some closure .

Users who are viewing this thread

Back