- Patagioenas flavirostris
30 cm long and weighs 230 grams. It is mainly purple, with a brown back; its lower belly and flight feathers are blue-grey, while its tail is black. Its bill is white with a red base, and its eyes and ells are red. Juvenile birds are duller than adults and the plumage is more brown.
- P. f. restricta:
- West Mexico (southern Sonora to Sinaloa)
- P. f. madrensis:
- Tres Marías Islands (off western Mexico)
- P. f. flavirostris:
- P. f. minima:
- Lowlands of Costa Rica (Gulf of Nicoya region)
Open countryside with some trees. Also cultivation.
It builds its nest from twigs, in trees. It lays one white egg. It is a solitary bird, seldom forming flocks. ====Diet It is a ground feeder; diet includes berries, buds and acorns.
- Clements, J. F., T. S. Schulenberg, M. J. Iliff, S. M. Billerman, T. A. Fredericks, B. L. Sullivan, and C. L. Wood. 2019. The eBird/Clements Checklist of Birds of the World: v2019. Downloaded from http://www.birds.cornell.edu/clementschecklist/download/
- BirdForum Opus contributors. (2023) Red-billed Pigeon. In: BirdForum, the forum for wild birds and birding. Retrieved 30 November 2023 from https://www.birdforum.net/opus/Red-billed_Pigeon
GSearch checked for 2020 platform.1