- Gallinago nobilis
- Dark brown and buff-streaked upperparts, head and neck
- Gold feather edges form lines along the back
- White belly
- Brown flank barring
- Horn-coloured bill is very long and straight
- Legs and feet are greyish-green
Sexes similar, but females have a longer bill
Immature birds have pale fringes on the wing coverts
Highland wet grassland marshes and swamps.
Their main diet consists of insects and worms foraged from deep mud.
- Clements, J. F., T. S. Schulenberg, M. J. Iliff, D. Roberson, T. A. Fredericks, B. L. Sullivan, and C. L. Wood. 2014. The eBird/Clements checklist of birds of the world: Version 6.9., with updates to August 2014. Downloaded from http://www.birds.cornell.edu/clementschecklist/download/
- Handbook of the Birds of the World Alive (retrieved September 2014)
- BirdForum Opus contributors. (2023) Noble Snipe. In: BirdForum, the forum for wild birds and birding. Retrieved 1 December 2023 from https://www.birdforum.net/opus/Noble_Snipe
GSearch checked for 2020 platform.1