- Phylloscopus sarasinorum
11 cm. A small to medium-sized Leaf Warbler.
- Brownish upperparts washed olive-green
- Brown forehead and sides of crown and nape
- Broad paler central crownstripe palest or yellowish to the rear
- Supercilium white or yellowish-white
- Dark brown lores and narrow eyestripe
- Olive-green edges of upperwing-coverts, pale yellowish-orange tips of greater coverts
- Slightly darker brown flight-feathers, edged olive-green
- Pale brown tail, inner webs of all outer rectrices broadly white
- Underparts whitish or washed yellowish, breast side and flanks with olive or olive-grey wash
- Dark horn bill, base of lower mandible pale yellow or yellowish-orange
- Slate-grey legs
Sexes similar, juveniles undescribed
Sulawesi Leaf Warbler has darker brownish-olive upperparts, lacks a crown stripe and wing bar, and less extensive white in tail. They also differ in vocalizations.
Fairly common within its very limited range.
This species was formerly included in Sulawesi Leaf Warbler.
Found in montane forest habitat from around 600 m asl probably to near the highest elevations in the area.
Data is lacking, but likely to eat insects and joins mixed species flocks.
A warbling series of repetitive elements, less varied and lower pitched than Sulawesi Leaf Warbler.
- Clements, J. F., T. S. Schulenberg, M. J. Iliff, T. A. Fredericks, J. A. Gerbracht, D. Lepage, S. M. Billerman, B. L. Sullivan, and C. L. Wood. 2022. The eBird/Clements checklist of Birds of the World: v2022. Downloaded from https://www.birds.cornell.edu/clementschecklist/download/
- Gill, F, D Donsker, and P Rasmussen (Eds). 2023. IOC World Bird List (v 13.2). Doi 10.14344/IOC.ML.13.2. http://www.worldbirdnames.org/
- Eaton, JA, B van Balen, NW Brickle, FE Rheindt 2021. Birds of the Indonesian Archipelago (Greater Sundas and Wallacea), Second Edition. Lynx Editions. ISBN978-84-16728-44-2
- Clement, P. (2022). Lompobattang Leaf Warbler (Phylloscopus sarasinorum), version 1.0. In Birds of the World (B. K. Keeney, Editor). Cornell Lab of Ornithology, Ithaca, NY, USA. https://doi.org/10.2173/bow.sulwar3.01
- BirdForum Opus contributors. (2023) Lompobattang Leaf Warbler. In: BirdForum, the forum for wild birds and birding. Retrieved 4 December 2023 from https://www.birdforum.net/opus/Lompobattang_Leaf_Warbler
GSearch checked for 2020 platform.1