- Clibanornis erythrocephalus
22 cm (8¾ in)
- Orange-rufous face and crown
- Whitish underparts
Placed in genus Hylocryptus by Gill and Donsker.
- C. e. erythrocephalus:
- C. e. palamblae:
- West Andes of Peru (Piura)
Tropical deciduous forests, with thick understorey and leaflitter, often in ravines.
Their diet consists mostly of invertebrates and isopods. They forage on, or close to the ground, alone, in pairs and mixed species flocks.
Their nest is at the end of a 1m long tunnel. They are thought to be monogamous.
- Clements, J. F., T. S. Schulenberg, M. J. Iliff, D. Roberson, T. A. Fredericks, B. L. Sullivan, and C. L. Wood. 2017. The eBird/Clements checklist of birds of the world: v2017, with updates to August 2017. Downloaded from http://www.birds.cornell.edu/clementschecklist/download/
- Gill, F and D Donsker (Eds). 2015. IOC World Bird Names (version 5.3). Available at http://www.worldbirdnames.org/.
- Handbook of the Birds of the World Alive (retrieved June 2018)
- BirdForum Opus contributors. (2023) Henna-hooded Foliage-gleaner. In: BirdForum, the forum for wild birds and birding. Retrieved 30 November 2023 from https://www.birdforum.net/opus/Henna-hooded_Foliage-gleaner