Alternative name: Charles Mockingbird
- Mimus trifasciatus
- Dark brown-grey upperparts and wings
- Whitish underparts
- Pale head
- Dark patches on sides of breast
- Long, pale tipped tail
- Red brown iris
- Long decurved grey bill
- Grey legs and feet
Scrub and areas of vegetation.
Ground feeder. The diet includes insects, fruits, berries, crabs and seabird eggs.
The nest is built from twigs and is placed in dense vegetation. The clutch consists of 2-5 eggs.
- Clements, J. F., T. S. Schulenberg, M. J. Iliff, B.L. Sullivan, C. L. Wood, and D. Roberson. 2013. The eBird/Clements checklist of birds of the world: Version 6.8., with updates to August 2013. Downloaded from http://www.birds.cornell.edu/clementschecklist/download/
- United Nations Environment Programme
- BirdForum Opus contributors. (2023) Floreana Mockingbird. In: BirdForum, the forum for wild birds and birding. Retrieved 30 November 2023 from https://www.birdforum.net/opus/Floreana_Mockingbird