|This article is incomplete.
This article is missing one or more sections. You can help the BirdForum Opus by expanding it.
- Pomatorhinus phayrei
This species was formerly included within Black-crowned Scimitar Babbler.
Clements recognizes five subspecies.
- P. p. phayrei in northeastern India (southern Assam and Manipur) and southwestern Myanmar (Chin Hills and Arakan Yoma Mts.)
- P. p. stanfordi in northeast Myanmar (Kachin State)
- P. p. albogularis in eastern and southeastern Myanmar to northwestern Thailand
- P. p. orientalis in south China (Yunnan), northeast Laos and north Vietnam
- P. p. dickinsoni in Highlands of central Vietnam and Bolavens Plateau of south Laos
- Clements, J. F., T. S. Schulenberg, M. J. Iliff, T. A. Fredericks, J. A. Gerbracht, D. Lepage, S. M. Billerman, B. L. Sullivan, and C. L. Wood. 2022. The eBird/Clements checklist of Birds of the World: v2022. Downloaded from https://www.birds.cornell.edu/clementschecklist/download/
- Gill, F, D Donsker, and P Rasmussen (Eds). 2023. IOC World Bird List (v 13.1)_red. Doi 10.14344/IOC.ML.13.1. http://www.worldbirdnames.org/
- BirdForum Opus contributors. (2023) Brown-crowned Scimitar Babbler. In: BirdForum, the forum for wild birds and birding. Retrieved 30 November 2023 from https://www.birdforum.net/opus/Brown-crowned_Scimitar_Babbler
GSearch checked for 2020 platform.1