|This article is incomplete.
This article is missing one or more sections. You can help the BirdForum Opus by expanding it.
- Chamaetylas poliocephala
Western Africa: Guinea, Sierra Leone, Liberia, Ivory Coast, Ghana, Nigeria, Cameroon, Central African Republic, Equatorial Guinea, Gabon, DRC, Angola
Eastern Africa: Sudan, Kenya, Uganda, Rwanda, Burundi, Tanzania
African Islands: Gulf of Guinea Islands, Bioko (Fernando Po)
There are 10 subspecies:
- C. p. poliocephala: Sierra Leone to Ghana
- C. p. hallae: Angola (Gabela escarpment of Cuanza Sul)
- C. p. giloensis: Southeastern South Sudan (Imatong Mountains), population in adjacent northeastern Uganda presumably also this subspecies
- C. p. carruthersi: Southeastern Central African Republic, northeastern Democratic Republic of the Congo, Uganda, and western Kenya
- C. p. compsonota: Nigeria and Cameroon to north-western Angola (Quicolungo); Bioko
- C. p. vandeweghei: Rwanda and Burundi
- C. p. nandensis: Western Kenya (Nandi Hills)
- C. p. akeleyae: Kenya east of the Rift Valley
- C. p. kungwensis: Western Tanzania (Kungwe-Mahari Mountains)
- C. p. ufipae: South-western Tanzania (Ufipa Plateau) and south-eastern Zaire
Subspecies nandensis is not recognised by all authorities.
Moist forests and montanes.
- Clements, J. F., T. S. Schulenberg, M. J. Iliff, D. Roberson, T. A. Fredericks, B. L. Sullivan, and C. L. Wood. 2017. The eBird/Clements checklist of birds of the world: v2017, with updates to August 2017. Downloaded from http://www.birds.cornell.edu/clementschecklist/download/
- BirdForum Opus contributors. (2023) Brown-chested Alethe. In: BirdForum, the forum for wild birds and birding. Retrieved 1 December 2023 from https://www.birdforum.net/opus/Brown-chested_Alethe