Alternative name: Black-faced Spinetail
- Synallaxis tithys
- Dark grey head and neck
- Black face
- Olivaceous-grey back and rump
- Bright cinnamon-rufous wing-coverts
- Blackish tail
- Black throat with whitish malar
- Grey underparts (palest at mid-belly)
Dense undergrowth in evergreen and deciduous forests up to 1,1000m. Occasionally seen in the mid-canopy.
The diet includes insects.
- Clements, JF. 2009. The Clements Checklist of Birds of the World. 6th ed., with updates to December 2009. Ithaca: Cornell Univ. Press. ISBN 978-0801445019.
- BirdLife International
- BirdForum Opus contributors. (2023) Blackish-headed Spinetail. In: BirdForum, the forum for wild birds and birding. Retrieved 30 November 2023 from https://www.birdforum.net/opus/Blackish-headed_Spinetail
GSearch checked for 2020 platform.