|This article is incomplete.
This article is missing one or more sections. You can help the BirdForum Opus by expanding it.
- Arremon atricapillus
Two subspecies recognized:
- A. a. tacarcunae:
- in the mountains of eastern Panama
- A. a. atricapillus:
- in the central and eastern Andes of northern Colombia
About 700-1000 m asl. in a variety of forested environs.
Usually fouraging on ground or very low in undergrowth.
- Clements, J. F., T. S. Schulenberg, M. J. Iliff, B.L. Sullivan, C. L. Wood, and D. Roberson. 2013. The eBird/Clements checklist of birds of the world: Version 6.8., with updates to August 2013. Downloaded from http://www.birds.cornell.edu/clementschecklist/download/
- Birdforum thread discussing the proposal to split this species
- BirdForum Opus contributors. (2023) Black-headed Brushfinch. In: BirdForum, the forum for wild birds and birding. Retrieved 30 November 2023 from https://www.birdforum.net/opus/Black-headed_Brushfinch
GSearch checked for 2020 platform.