• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
Where premium quality meets exceptional value. ZEISS Conquest HDX.

Tayforth Birding (6 Viewers)

Oh that's great news! A bit earlier than last year I think. Let's hope the nest does get used this year eh?

A walk round our village produced some good numbers of Greenfinches, 2 years ago we had none, nice to see their recovery locally, good numbers of Skylarks singing too. A Grey Wagtail down by the stream

A walk round our village produced some good numbers of Greenfinches, 2 years ago we had none, nice to see their recovery locally, good numbers of Skylarks singing too. A Grey Wagtail down by the stream
I'm with you there Burnie.... I'd not heard one round here for several years, until last year when I saw a couple during the early part of lock down. Then a few weeks ago I heard another one.

Things are looking up for them hopefully.

Been on a 10 mile cycle trip round the village, saw first 2 Sand Martins of the year, 3 Buzzards, several Yellowhammer, 2 Linnets, Chaffinch, Robin, Pied Wagtail, 2 very noisy Rookeries were passed, sounds like young in the nests. Carrion Crow, Jackdaw in large numbers and so many Skylarks, we heard at least a dozen singing males.

Cor!!! That sounds like it was a right grand ride Burnie.

Thanks for sharing it with us lad.

I've been watching the Loch of Lowes Ospreys for a couple of days. Not seeing the male bring any fish in for the female. I'm getting the odd glimpse of the male, but no fish. Is he supposed to bring food in while the female is incubating?

Hi Paul.... I think they're more inclined to swap duties at this time. So he'll relieve her from incubating leaving her free to go and exercise, freshen up and probably catch her own fish.

She'll return when she's ready.

Once the eggs hatch, nearly all the care of the young is left to the female. That's when he brings fish in.

Heard my first Willow Warbler of the year today at the new feeding station. Couldn't see the blighter though!!

As usual hiding in the trees (and there's a lot of them!)

Hi Paul.... I think they're more inclined to swap duties at this time. So he'll relieve her from incubating leaving her free to go and exercise, freshen up and probably catch her own fish.

She'll return when she's ready.

Once the eggs hatch, nearly all the care of the young is left to the female. That's when he brings fish in.

Heard my first Willow Warbler of the year today at the new feeding station. Couldn't see the blighter though!!

As usual hiding in the trees (and there's a lot of them!)
I have just had a look at yesterday evenings footage, and there was a change over.

We have the nest up on a 56" screen fairly constantly at the moment. I heard a Willow Warbler near the nest yesterday lunch time.

Had a drive over the Cairn O'Mount with a view to maybe looking for some Crossbills in the forest, 2 degrees and snowing with low cloud, didn't see a thing, apart from a few Gulls and a pair of Eiders, there wasn't much in Stonehaven either, oh well that's birding in Scotland I guess.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back