• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

RX10 iv on order; recommended settings for birds (1 Viewer)

Charlie Spencer

United States
Let's start with stationary and perched first, please. I'll ask about BIFs later after I've mastered the non-movers. Otherwise, feel free to toss in anything else I might need to know regarding my new toy. I'm coming from a Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ70, and I'm more birder than photographer.

Thanks.

You may want to post that request in the Sony forum, rather than here. What made you choose the RX10 iv, rather than the P950, for example, which you were considering in another thread? I'm just curious.

Yeah, too much time today gathering specs and not paying attention. I'll see if I can get a mod to move this.

I raised the subject several places and eliminated everything except the two, then gathered a bunch of opinions. I'm going with the larger sensor and I'll see if I can get over my zoom obsession. If I don't like it, I'll return it for the P950. That seemed easier than renting both, returning both, and then ordering.

There is a lot of helpful guidance on the RX10iv here on BF in a dedicated thread.
Plus Tony Knight and MKinHK have provided really helpful PDF and video links:

I raised the subject several places and eliminated everything except the two, then gathered a bunch of opinions. I'm going with the larger sensor and I'll see if I can get over my zoom obsession. If I don't like it, I'll return it for the P950. That seemed easier than renting both, returning both, and then ordering.
That makes sense. I hope you enjoy it!

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back