• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
Where premium quality meets exceptional value. ZEISS Conquest HDX.

New Sigma 150/600 (1 Viewer)

Taken today.

Mickr,
Super capture! Would it be possible to provide some details about this picture? (ie: Shutter priority, Speed 1/500, f/6.3, ISO 400, 600mm). These information are helpful. I have friends who are interested in getting the Sport version. Thanks! :)
Cheers,
John

Last edited:
Mickr,
Super capture! Would it be possible to provide some details about this picture? (ie: Shutter priority, Speed 1/500, ISO 400, 600mm). These information are helpful. I have friends who are interested in getting the Sport version. Thanks! :)
Cheers,
John

In the order that you've asked, Aperture Priority, 1/640, ISO 200, 600mm. F7.1 and spot metering which you didn't ask about.

great thanks
nice kite bye the way
tryed back in the summer at a feeding station and realised how fast they fly
i had some success but not easy
chris

Hands down beats any kite shot I have managed with my 70D and 400.

Chris I like that coot but think the one in your stream where it is stretching its wing is a better image.

Is everyone keeping the OS permanently switched on? The guy who took the Red Panda shot I linked to seemed to be saying that he was using the OS with a monopod which I would probably do too if it works

Not this exact lens but the SIGMA 80-400/4.5-5.6 DG OS and I leave the OS on all the time whether hand held or on the tripod with great results.

Hands down beats any kite shot I have managed with my 70D and 400.

Chris I like that coot but think the one in your stream where it is stretching its wing is a better image.

Is everyone keeping the OS permanently switched on? The guy who took the Red Panda shot I linked to seemed to be saying that he was using the OS with a monopod which I would probably do too if it works

I've tried all OS settings over short periods but mainly keep it set on 2. Once the weather improves I'll probably try them all for a day each and see what works best. The shutter speed should be about 1000 at 600mm and I'm going down much further than that but did the same with my old lens which didn't have OS.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back