• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
Where premium quality meets exceptional value. ZEISS Conquest HDX.

New "MY Junior" 7x28 aimed at kids (1 Viewer)

I wonder about adjusting the diopter between left and right. If you have perfect vision with both eyes you don't need to do it. The same if you wear eyeglasses or contact lenses.
The only situation when you need to adjust the diopter is if you wear eyeglasses but eye relief is not sufficient for use with eyeglasses, right?
The question therefore is if ER of Junior 7x28 is sufficient for eyeglasses.

I found a video showing the eyepiece. It is noticeable that the eye lenses are much more recessed than the normal for Swarovski. This is not good news as it means that an unnecessary amount of eye relief is wasted. But perhaps it is intentional to provide extra protection of the lenses when the binoculars are intended for children.

Screenshot_20240622_140431_YouTube.jpg

I found a video showing the eyepiece. It is noticeable that the eye lenses are much more recessed than the normal for Swarovski. This is not good news as it means that an unnecessary amount of eye relief is wasted. But perhaps it is intentional to provide extra protection of the lenses when the binoculars are intended for children.

View attachment 1587492
I didn't find it to be any problem when I tested them. Even with glasses on I was able to see the whole field of view easy. But, as Canip says: that can vary from person to person.

A lot depends on thickness/shape of eyeglasses and face anatomy (usable eye relief is 13.5 mm, Swarovski MY Junior 7×28 – Binoculars Today, which is a bit tight).

Ok, thanks! I know I need at least 15mm useful eye relief to be fully satisfied. Therefore I can exclude this binocular from my list.
I also consider to get the three times more expensive, and of course better, Zeiss SFL 8x30. This has spectacular 17mm useful ER. So I probably will dig extra deep in the wallet and get it instead.

I am wondering if this one will be available in black or normal green. I would be interested if
that is the case.
Jerry

Swarovski will come out with an add-on cover in black for people who would otherwise be embarrassed to carry the colored Junior in public.

I do have some spray paint, Plasticolor is the brand name, I wonder how that would work on
Swarovski armor...........
There is one thing I like about the new model is the single hinge. I have grown fond of that, as in the Zeiss models,
less fiddly.
Jerry

Last edited:
For people with chromophobia, Swarovski just announced a more neutral version (never place it on any concrete surface, you will not find it again). :ROFLMAO:

Attachments

• IMG_7220.jpeg
    IMG_7220.jpeg
    129.9 KB · Views: 28
Last edited:
Clone trooper equipment? Will there be a black 'Darth Vader' version, too?
Perhabs they could announce something useful like the rebirth of the Habicht 6x30, updated of course like the whole series.

Re coloured armour - I wouldn't worry about it. It'll probably split, crumble and fall off within a couple of months, anyway...

Last edited:
For people with chromophobia, Swarovski just announced a more neutral version (never place it on any concrete surface, you will not find it again). :ROFLMAO:
That looks better. If they also release it with 8 power, I might buy one for myself as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back