• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
Where premium quality meets exceptional value. ZEISS Conquest HDX.

From the Shropshire Hills yesterday? (1 Viewer)

KenM

Was wondering what this first image was?
Growing on a NEast facing rock, thought it looked a bit like Pennywort?

Also the second image reminded me of a tiny Forget-me-not?

Cheers πŸ‘

Attachments

• IMG_2153.jpeg
    IMG_2153.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 22
  • IMG_2157.jpeg
    IMG_2157.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 22
1. A baby navelwort. Common on wooded Shropshire rocks. It's in flower now, though yours has only got last year's.
2. Yes, a forget-me-not.

1. A baby navelwort. Common on wooded Shropshire rocks. It's in flower now, though yours has only got last year's.
2. Yes, a forget-me-not.

Although its size can’t be easily scaled, the flower did look somewhat diminutive compared to the regular FMN. πŸ‘

Although its size can’t be easily scaled, the flower did look somewhat diminutive compared to the regular FMN. πŸ‘
There are numerous species of forget-me-not that are native to the UK. The one most often seen in gardens is Wood Forget-me-not & its cultivars which are relatively large & showy. The smallest flowers are the Early FGN which are even tinier than yours here. Given flower size & habitat this is likely to be either Tufted or Creeping Forget-me-not.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back