• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
Where premium quality meets exceptional value. ZEISS Conquest HDX.

Canterbury (flat) Tails (3 Viewers)

I'm not sure the title's that clever as I'm not sure everybody would know what you mean! The Beavers are on the river about 5 mins from my home so, yes, I do know where to look. They are on the river between Sainsbury's (51.28497038828153, 1.0848275762614725) and Pound Lane (51.28259395644866, 1.0804568924102067). If parking in Sainsbury's walk upstream past the back of St John's Primary School (next to the coach park) and watch about 20m beyond the black metal bridge. Alternatively, drive along Pound Lane and park in the far corner of St Radigund's Car Park near the river. The lodge (see photo in my next post) will be across the river more or less opposite you! The path is very well used but the Beavers take little notice. I'm sure that they're active early AM but the best time seems to be from 18.30 onwards (although they've been seen from 16.00). There are a couple of good pubs nearby so if you tell me when you're coming you can buy me a drink!

Well I thought it was 🤷 🤣 cheers for the info, sums up nicely in one place the stuff I've been sent privately for all to see

Users who are viewing this thread

Back