- Linaria flavirostris
- Brown streaked black upperparts
- Pink rump (male)
- Buff to white underparts, streaked brown
- Conical bill
- Yellow in winter
- Grey in summer
Immature Eurasian Linnet
Northern Europe, Middle East and across central Asia.
Placed in genus Carduelis by Clements.
- L. f. flavirostris: Norway, northern Sweden, northern Finland and Kola Peninsula; winters to southern Europe
- L. f. pipilans: Shetland Islands, Outer Hebrides, Inner Hebrides, Orkneys, Scotland, northern England and Ireland
- L. f. brevirostris: Eastern Turkey and Caucasus to north-western Iran
- L. f. korejevi: Southern Ural Mountains to Caspian Sea, Kirghiz steppes and Tien Shan Mountains
- L. f. altaica: Altai Mountains of central Russia to north-western Outer Mongolia
- L. f. montanella: Kyrgyzstan (Alai Mts.) to Pamirs and western China (western Xinjiang)
- L. f. miniakensis: Western China (eastern Xinjiang, Qinghai and Gansu) to south-eastern Tibet
- L. f. rufostrigata: Himalayas (northern Kashmir to northern Nepal and south-western Tibet)
Breeds on moorland. Winters in coastal dunes.
It builds its nest in a bush or heather. The clutch consists of 4-7 eggs.
The diet includes seeds.
Call: a distinctive tweit, rather nasal
Song: contains fast trills
- Clements, J. F., T. S. Schulenberg, M. J. Iliff, D. Roberson, T. A. Fredericks, B. L. Sullivan, and C. L. Wood. 2015. The eBird/Clements checklist of birds of the world: v2015, with updates to August 2015. Downloaded from http://www.birds.cornell.edu/clementschecklist/download/
- Collins Field Guide 5th Edition ISBN 0 00 219900 9
- BirdForum Opus contributors. (2023) Twite. In: BirdForum, the forum for wild birds and birding. Retrieved 7 June 2023 from https://www.birdforum.net/opus/Twite
GSearch checked for 2020 platform.1