Alternative names: Streaky-headed White-eye; Scaly-headed White-eye; Streak-headed Ibon; Sulawesi Heleia
- Heleia squamiceps
12 cm (4¾ in)
- Head dark sepia with extensive white streaks
- Throat white or streaked (subspecies dependent)
- Upperparts including wings and tail yellowish olive
- Underparts brighter, more yellowish
- bill black
- Eye dark red
- H. s. heinrichi:
- Northwest Sulawesi (Tentolo-Matinan Mountains)
- H. s. striaticeps:
- Mountains of northcentral Sulawesi
- H. s. stresemanni:
- Mountains of north-eastern Sulawesi
- H. s. stachyrinus:
- South central Sulawesi (Latimojong Mountains)
- H. s. squamiceps:
- South Sulawesi (Lompobattang Massif)
- H. s. analogus:
- South East Sulawesi (Mengkoka Mountains)
Primary montane forests, forest edges and secondary growth, between 1000 and 2500 m.
The majority of their diet consists of fruits. The forage in pairs, groups and mixed species flocks often with Warbling White-eye.
There is currently no information available on breeding.
- Clements, J. F., T. S. Schulenberg, M. J. Iliff, S. M. Billerman, T. A. Fredericks, J. A. Gerbracht, D. Lepage, B. L. Sullivan, and C. L. Wood. 2021. The eBird/Clements checklist of Birds of the World: v2021. Downloaded from https://www.birds.cornell.edu/clementschecklist/download/
- Handbook of the Birds of the World Alive (retrieved July 2018)
- BirdForum Opus contributors. (2023) Streak-headed White-eye. In: BirdForum, the forum for wild birds and birding. Retrieved 30 November 2023 from https://www.birdforum.net/opus/Streak-headed_White-eye
GSearch checked for 2020 platform.