- Saudareos ornata
25 cm (9¾ in)
- Dark purplish-blue crown
- Yellow nape
- Red nape, face, postocular stripe, ear-coverts, chin and throat
- Green back and wings
- Blackish-tipped primaries
- Black yellow and green underwing
- Red chest chin and chest with dark blue bars
- Dark green belly
- Yellow green thighs
- Yellow bill with pink base
- Orange iris
- Grey-green legs
Secondary and swamp forests, forest edges, woodland and bush.
Their diet includes nectar, pollen, fruit, blossoms and, especially, causarina seeds.
Click on photo for larger image
- Clements, J. F., T. S. Schulenberg, M. J. Iliff, S. M. Billerman, T. A. Fredericks, J. A. Gerbracht, D. Lepage, B. L. Sullivan, and C. L. Wood. 2021. The eBird/Clements checklist of Birds of the World: v2021. Downloaded from https://www.birds.cornell.edu/clementschecklist/download/
- Handbook of the Birds of the World Alive (retrieved November 2014 and July 2018)
- BirdForum Opus contributors. (2023) Ornate Lorikeet. In: BirdForum, the forum for wild birds and birding. Retrieved 1 December 2023 from https://www.birdforum.net/opus/Ornate_Lorikeet
GSearch checked for 2020 platform.