|This article is incomplete.
This article is missing one or more sections. You can help the BirdForum Opus by expanding it.
- Ardeola speciosa
- Pale golden-yellow head, crest and neck
- Two long buff-white crest plumes
- Elongated slate-black back feathers, extending to tail tip
- Cinnamon to rufous lower neck and breast plumes, extending to upper belly
- White underparts tinged orange
- White wings
- Yellow bill with dusky maxilla, bright yellow with black tip and blue base in breeding season
- Green-yellow lores
- Yellow eyes, orange in breeding season
- Pale yellow legs, pinkish red in breedingseason
Usually freshwater, prefers paddyfields, flooded grasslands, lakesides and riverbanks, sometimes also mangroves and reefs.
Diet includes insects, fish and crabs
GSearch checked for 2020 platform.1