• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Marsh or Willow? (1 Viewer)

jmmorton

I put this on the UK Bird Identification page on Facebook yesterday and got a mixed response. I wondered what you guys think?

Thanks, Jonno

A brief visitor to the garden today, just long enough for me to grab my camera. Never had Marsh Tit before in the garden and used to have up to 4 Willow Tits 10 years ago before they built houses behind us. The small white dot on the front of the bill I think is food but I just make out a faint white mandible patch. The bird didn’t call. Sorry the pics are poor, these are all I could get. We are in Melton Mowbray, NE Leicestershire. Any thoughts out there please and thanks?

Attachments

• DSC_6371.JPG
    DSC_6371.JPG
    223.6 KB · Views: 60
  • DSC_6372.JPG
    DSC_6372.JPG
    235.9 KB · Views: 68
  • DSC_6373.JPG
    DSC_6373.JPG
    241 KB · Views: 108
  • DSC_6374.JPG
    DSC_6374.JPG
    229.6 KB · Views: 64
Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back