• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Blogs (22 Viewers)

Had a great year with friends around the world during my 1st Big Year done in Sabah and Sarawak during the post-Covid in 2022. More info in the blog Sabah/Sarawak Big Year 2022 At Sook Lake watching the Malaysian Eared Nightjar With good friend of mine; Susan Myers, author for the Birds of Borneo fieldguide Access road at Tabin Wildlife Reserve Son watches the migrant ducks at Tempasuk Plain, Kota Belud With Mel, Trinket and Adrian (bird guide from Manila) at Sukau Greenview, Kinabatangan River with my trusted Toyota Land Cruiser!
As it's been a very warm winter so far this year yesterday's trip out to Barnegat Jetty will probably be my last until next winter. In just a week since my last trip Warning! Graphic Images. the duck numbers and species have gone way down. Except for the Harlequins as they put on quite a show. Harlequins Anyone?
https://stonefactionbirding2014.blogspot.com/2024/02/1211-sunshine-then-storm-30124-31124.html New blog-post. Weatherwise, January ended with 2 rather contrasting days - one nice and sunny, the other wild and windy. I used them both to try to add another 2 species to my Dundee150 list, to try to reach 100 species in just the 1st month of 2024. How did I get on?....
https://stonefactionbirding2014.blogspot.com/2024/02/1210-rolling-dice-28124.html On Sunday the 28th of January I headed for Riverside Nature Park to try to add another species (or ideally three) to my #Dundee150 list, to take me closer to reaching an unexpected 100 species for January, all from within Dundee.
Hi All, I am a returning member to the forums and I thought I would take this chance to promote my wildlife blog. Musings on the Wild is a blog covering my thoughts and sightings of an ecological nature. It covers extensive notes on the species I see on my patch, my use of camera traps, and commentary on books, films, and media. www.musingsonthewild.blogspot.com
https://stonefactionbirding2014.blogspot.com/2024/02/1209-tempy-time-27124.html New blog-post. As the end of January approached and my Dundee150 list was within touching distance of a very unexpected 100 species in January within the city, I decided to try to add Greylag Goose & Redpoll - both seen by my pal, Lainy around her local patch.
Well, there you go, I hadn't noticed this area before, glad I've found it now. I've been walking at the reservoir as often as possible and one of my goals has been to view and photograph the Crossbills up there, sometimes I see them, sometimes I don't :( but, I've been putting together a photo diary of that contact for 2023, I've already started 2024. I'm not up there every day or even every week but I'm hoping to keep the visits and hopefully contacts more regular this year. A year in the life of Crossbills in the Angus Glens
Jeez, how long did January last?? My last post was labelled January: The Beginning. This one should probably be called: January: The Second Beginning, but that’d be too direct and nowhere near cryptic enough for my liking. My good start to the year had filled me with confidence, and wee bit of smug achievement. Yeah, sure, birding in gloomy winter twilight wasn't ideal, but at least I was getting out. The tentative plans that I'd made from the autumn onward hadn't completely gone belly up. I was enjoying things- even if, at times, I was being grumpy about it. So it came at the start of the second week of the month I had my first trip Eastward. I mentioned in the summary of 2023 that I'd be cheaper buying property in Musselburgh, and...

Users who are viewing this forum

Back