• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Zeiss Conquest HD 8x32 - oh my! (1 Viewer)

Thank you sir.
Sigh. I was able to buy a new pair of the 8x32 SFs from BH who did a price match from another AD who I hadn't done business with. $1999.99, shipped with no tax. Apparently, Zeiss is including a towelette to wipe off the white preservative coating now. Zeiss CS explained it was a preservative for long term storage in shipping issues. I guess I'll find out Friday. I just couldn't pass up the deal. They made a mistake by not addressing this coating until the recent batch.
I hate to say I told you so, but……..

Sounds like a good deal. I think your going to like Them. I know you have the FL so it’s not going to be much of a different because of how good the FL is. Maybe a little better corrected for CA, but Incrementally Optically a little better.

The real difference that you’re really gonna like is the form factor. They’re not military or industrial like the FL, these are kind of classy and a nice feel and balance. The focuser is like butter, but not too soft and it’s placed in a perfect position on the binocular. Ergonomically they’re great . After you get past how disgusting it looks when you take it out of the box with all the powder, clean it up and then let us know how you like it.

Paul

Is the inside diameter of a new set of 8x32s going to be the same as reported here?

If you had an opportunity to buy them like new from a shop for $600 is that better than anything in that price range?

Sorry to bring this thread back to life

Users who are viewing this thread

Back