• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

UK Dragonflies & Damselflies 2022 (4 Viewers)

Good evening. Just seen that there wasn't an update on the Common Winter Damselfly. Two of us spent over five hours on site yesterday, mid-morning to mid-afternoon, with a further five, including Terry, attending on-and-off during this time, so probably a cumulative total of c.20 hours put in on site. No sightings at all with Azure and Large Red Damselfly and Broad-bodied Chaser all that was located, in total perhaps no more than ten individuals. Terry will be visiting on a daily basis and John, also local to the site, will be visiting during the coming week. So, we can but hope ...

Good evening. Just seen that there wasn't an update on the Common Winter Damselfly. Two of us spent over five hours on site yesterday, mid-morning to mid-afternoon, with a further five, including Terry, attending on-and-off during this time, so probably a cumulative total of c.20 hours put in on site. No sightings at all with Azure and Large Red Damselfly and Broad-bodied Chaser all that was located, in total perhaps no more than ten individuals. Terry will be visiting on a daily basis and John, also local to the site, will be visiting during the coming week. So, we can but hope ...
Thank you for both your efforts and your report!

John

I saw my first Emperor of the year at Ravensroost yesterday. It was patrolling the meadow pond, so presumably a few days old already. Looking at iRecord, the first record of one was in Surrey on the 12th.

Clubtail emerging below the railway bridge at Goring yesterday afternoon.
I had a part of the afternoon free today so dropped in to Goring. No sign of any adult clubtails, but I found 6 exuviae along the usual bit of concrete river bank so it looks like this morning was good. Pleased to see the site seemingly back to decent numbers after a few rather sparse years. Six is my personal best for the site.

Also a very fresh banded demoiselle, a couple of adult red-eyed and a couple of mayflies.

Warning! This thread is more than 2 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back