• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Bangkok area in May (1 Viewer)

GWB77

Grafham Water Birder
I have a meeting in Bangkok towards the end of May, but I have bagged a couple of days beforehand with some free time.
Where would be a good place to spend 2-3 days birding. I'm prepared to hire a car and drive if required.

As Thailand is a new country for me, many species will be new, so I'm after a broad spectrum of habitats and sites...

I thought if posting nearly the same question here, I will be in Thailand for the first week of june if anyone a) has favorite places they would recommend or b) plans on going birding anywhere in that region during that week and wouldn't mind having someone tag along!

Hi Guys - I'm going to be in Thailand around the same time. I am going to Khao Yai on the evening of 15th May and birding Friday, Saturday, Sunday with a guide who is based there. I have been with him a couple of times before and he is really good. Happy to have someone else to tag along and share the cost... He's not overly expensive anyway.

I also might consider sorting something out for the following weekend too (24th/25th). Hadn't really made a plan for then. I am staying in Pattaya which is a couple of hours drive south of Bangkok. I have a vehicle and a driver though. This is a place I'd like to try that is between Pattaya and Bangkok.

http://www.thaibirding.com/locations/south_east/bangpra.htm

My guide guy is also keen to explore here (he has never been) and may do this place for next to nothing with us.....

I'll send you both a private message with my e-mail.

Last edited:
Thanks Colin! Unfortunately I'll only be there in the first week of june, but I'd love to here how it goes for you!

Khao Yai or Kaeng Krachan are good bets in May/June for things like Pittas. You'll have some rain and some leeches so keep those in mind.

Best,

Dave

And the other place to consider is Laem Pak Bia.
Check out Thaibirding.com to see which has the birds you're more interested in.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back