• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
Where premium quality meets exceptional value. ZEISS Conquest HDX.

Warbler in Dushanbe, Tajikistan (1 Viewer)

PhilSteiner

Tajikistan
Hi, I'm looking for input on this warbler, photographed last week in Dushanbe, Tajikistan.

I'm noticing a light bill, light legs, and a significant supercilium that extends well behind the eye. It's not apparent that the bird has wing bars.

I think we can eliminate Common or Mountain Chiffchaff since the bill and legs are light. Blyth's Reed Warbler is expected now but the supercilium is far too extensive.
Other likely species that don't seem to fit the bill are Cetti's (undertail coverts are wrong), and Greenish (eliminated by light legs), Sykes's (eliminated by extensive broad supercilium), Paddyfield (eliminated by primary projection and lack of any dark border to supercilium)

I'm looking at Booted, Eastern Olivaceous, even Willow? But I don't feel confident to make an ID.

Mystery warbler 1.jpg

Attachments

• Mystery warbler 2.jpg
    Mystery warbler 2.jpg
    130 KB · Views: 29
Hi, I'm looking for input on this warbler, photographed last week in Dushanbe, Tajikistan.

I'm noticing a light bill, light legs, and a significant supercilium that extends well behind the eye. It's not apparent that the bird has wing bars.

I think we can eliminate Common or Mountain Chiffchaff since the bill and legs are light. Blyth's Reed Warbler is expected now but the supercilium is far too extensive.
Other likely species that don't seem to fit the bill are Cetti's (undertail coverts are wrong), and Greenish (eliminated by light legs), Sykes's (eliminated by extensive broad supercilium), Paddyfield (eliminated by primary projection and lack of any dark border to supercilium)

I'm looking at Booted, Eastern Olivaceous, even Willow? But I don't feel confident to make an ID.
Greenish Warbler Phil. The reflected light is an issue with regards underpart colouration but head pattern, bill structure/pattern, short pp and confirm + you can just make out narrow pale tips to GC's in second image.

Grahame

Users who are viewing this thread

Back