• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
Where premium quality meets exceptional value. ZEISS Conquest HDX.

Some micros for ID (3 Viewers)

Farnboro John

I've used up my meagre knowledge and research ability on these and am happy to accept any help I can get. So, help please!

Incidentally Cnephasia sp is a best guess, I'm quite prepared to be wrong even about that.

Cheers

John

20240621 (1).JPG20240624 (2).JPG20240624 (5).JPG20240625 (2).JPG20240625 (5)_Cnephasia_sp.JPG

My best suggestions are:
1. Ephestia sp.
2. Not a clue
3. Caddisfly sp.
4. Piniphila bifasciana (via Obsidentify)
5. Cnephasia sp.
TYVM! Especially 4 which is a tick... looking at it in the field guide I can't believe I missed it but sometimes your eye just skates over something. Grateful for your help.

John

No problem, I had to do something at 1.30 a.m. as it was too hot to sleep 🥵🥵
No. 4 would be new for me too, but very scarce/local here in VC37. I would double-check on this one with someone with experience of the species. Sometimes ObSid comes up with some odd suggestions, although this looks OK to me.

Thought this looked interesting last night (NEast London) amidst the plethora of Tortix ?

Cheers

Attachments

• IMG_2571.jpeg
    IMG_2571.jpeg
    365.3 KB · Views: 6
Thanks A,

I was pleased to find that it has a colloquial name….Common Yellow Conch, one that I’m less likely to forget.👍
I think they've all had names invented for them in recent years though most books don't have them. Agree it's an easier name for many.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back