• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
Where premium quality meets exceptional value. ZEISS Conquest HDX.

Searching for Steve Whitehouse (1 Viewer)

jeff chemnick

United States
I recently returned from a 3 week birding trip with friends to Papua New Guinea. It was the first time I have returned to PNG since 1989.
Currently, there is much information available...and competent guides. But back in 1989, I was guided solely by a wonderful birding report that I purchased from Steve Whitehouse (snail mailed from the UK to California). That report vanished when my house burned to the ground in 2008 here in Santa Barbara, California. I would dearly love to replace it now and compare the notes of our recent trip with the Whitehouse report I took with me to PNG in 1989. I have tried searching for Steve Whitehouse and the best I can do is your site. Please can someone send me his current contact information (I pray that he's still around)...or how I might get a copy of that birding report (I am guessing that he published it in 1985 or thereabouts. Thanks so much in advance for any help you can provide!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back