• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
Where premium quality meets exceptional value. ZEISS Conquest HDX.

Padded bag to fit 883 (1 Viewer)

KBHC73

England
Been looking for a padded backpack such as a Lowepro that will take the 883 with EP fitted but not having much luck. I don't want anything too big/bulky really so i thought if i could find a longish camera bag with some padding that should be fine. Any info would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Been looking for a padded backpack such as a Lowepro that will take the 883 with EP fitted but not having much luck. I don't want anything too big/bulky really so i thought if i could find a longish camera bag with some padding that should be fine. Any info would be much appreciated.

Thanks
I have two possible solutions for your transportation problem:
1. KOENIG PHOTOBAGS (lensPacker0.5 - König Photobags) sells, beside other bags, several "Lenspacker". I have the smallest, called "lensPacker0.5", which I use primarily for my Fuji X-T4 with attached XF 150-600 lens. I has carrying straps like a backpack and is very well padded. However, the TSN-883 fits perfectly in it (I just checked it, see photos).
2. If you may choose to use a "normal" backpack instead, MARSUPIAL GEAR (Angled Spotting Scope Case) offers a special padded scope case for it. You could easily put that case into your rucksack. I have that bag as well. The TSN-883 fits even with the neoprene stay on case and an ARCA plate attached (neoprene on body only, thight fit, but ok, see photos).
Werner

Attachments

• KOWA_TSN-883_in_KOENIG_LENSPACK_05.jpg
    KOWA_TSN-883_in_KOENIG_LENSPACK_05.jpg
    807.4 KB · Views: 23
  • KOWA_TSN-883_in_KOENIG_LENSPACK_05 1.jpg
    KOWA_TSN-883_in_KOENIG_LENSPACK_05 1.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 21
  • KOWA_TSN-883_in_KOENIG_LENSPACK_05 2.jpg
    KOWA_TSN-883_in_KOENIG_LENSPACK_05 2.jpg
    678.1 KB · Views: 23
  • KOWA_TSN-883_in_MARSUPIAL_GEAR_1.jpg
    KOWA_TSN-883_in_MARSUPIAL_GEAR_1.jpg
    844.6 KB · Views: 24
  • KOWA_TSN-883_in_MARSUPIAL_GEAR_1 1.jpg
    KOWA_TSN-883_in_MARSUPIAL_GEAR_1 1.jpg
    647 KB · Views: 23
Last edited:
I would try to find camera insert of the right size to carry it securely in your own bag (google camera insert, I did not know what that was before I came across one).

When I pack the scope for travelling I remove the eyepiece and pack the scope and eyepiece separately. The scope with the instrument attached has a much less "packing friendly" shape.

Last option, there are some really good camera backpacks that offer a lot of flexibility to carry your gear and other bits and pieces. I replaces a few weeks ago my Manfrotto Hiker for a Hiking Camera backpack NH Explorer 900 from Decathly and it fits the scope, binocs and a few other things. You just need to find the right configuration.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back