• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
Where premium quality meets exceptional value. ZEISS Conquest HDX.

Little tern from Paris (1 Viewer)

L'argonnais

France
Hello,

seen today , in France, 40 km at east from Paris.

It was with three Common Terns (1 adult, 2 juveniles).
In Paris area, we do not have much little terns; quiet surprising. But possible. And as soon as I saw it, I saw the difference of size with the common which were a few meters closed. From the visible difference of size , I guess we can conclude to a little tern. But I had a few doubt as I did not see the yellow bill . I guess either juveniles or adult in winter plumage (google translate.... )

Confirmation is appreciated.

On the pictures with different birds, the Little tern is on the right. And it is sure 100 % it is the same bird alone.

JR

Attachments

• DSC_3764-AM.JPG
    DSC_3764-AM.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 80
  • DSC_3770_AM.JPG
    DSC_3770_AM.JPG
    617.5 KB · Views: 88
  • DSC_3774_AM.JPG
    DSC_3774_AM.JPG
    65.7 KB · Views: 83
  • DSC_3779_AM.JPG
    DSC_3779_AM.JPG
    44.1 KB · Views: 81
  • DSC_3777_AM.JPG
    DSC_3777_AM.JPG
    28.5 KB · Views: 69
  • DSC_3778_AM.JPG
    DSC_3778_AM.JPG
    20 KB · Views: 79
Ah !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! bad surprise , one more mistake ! :(
I had never seen juveniles of that species, quiet difficult to guess. And I did not know thet species was so small, even if I already saw some adults a few times , but alone.
Thanks to all of you who corrected me , or confirmed, with a like.

JR

Users who are viewing this thread

Back