• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
Where premium quality meets exceptional value. ZEISS Conquest HDX.

Jeanette (1 Viewer)

jeanette

Hello I live in Kintyre on the west coast of Scotland and I am interested in all birds but my favourites are the ones that visit my garden and the herons on the shore in front of my house

Jeanette

Last edited:
Welcome to BF, Jeanette. :t:

Good for you about your favorites being your garden visitors.

I hope you'll share a few of your experiences with us, both from your garden and your local area.

jeanette

Thanks for the welcome and I will let you know about my visitors.I have a rescue greyhound and she sees it as her duty to chase off the rooks that like to eat her dinner. I have a rookery at the top of the garden.

bye for now

Hi jeanette,

From all the BirdForum Moderators and Administration, Welcome!

We are glad to have you join us in our appreciation of nature, especially wild birds.

Hi Jeanette,

" herons on the shore in front of my house "

Is this the ultimate in property oneupmanship LUCKY LUCKY YOU o:)

WELCOME

Don

Hi Jeanette and welcome to BF. You are lucky to live in such a beautiful area. Must say this bit of Scotland isn't too bad though! Look forward to hearing the news from your area.

D

Hello Don
You can talk. We went on the Broads for a week and I would go back anytime.

On my way to Glasgow about a year ago I counted eleven Herons along the shore at Inverary. Suitable gaps between of course.. I have never seen that before.

On a still night the noise they make when seeing off rivals would waken the dead. They are so bad tempered but beautiful.

Thanks for the welcome This is a great site.

Jeanette

Last edited:
Hello Delia
Blairgowrie is lovely no wonder you get so many tourists. I had a cousin who lived there but has now moved back to Campbeltown. I'm glad I found this site I am ashamed to say I know very little about birds so I am hoping to learn more just by being on here.

bye for now

Jeanette

jeanette said:
Hello Delia
Blairgowrie is lovely no wonder you get so many tourists. I had a cousin who lived there but has now moved back to Campbeltown. I'm glad I found this site I am ashamed to say I know very little about birds so I am hoping to learn more just by being on here.

bye for now

Jeanette

Hi Jeanette - any questions just ask - there's always someone will come up with the answer.

D

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back