• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
Where premium quality meets exceptional value. ZEISS Conquest HDX.

Hello, I'm Dog. RalphTheDog. (1 Viewer)

RalphTheDog

United States
Hi, I'm new to both retirement and this group. I am a very casual bird enthusiast; most of my watching and note taking involve only the birds I can see in my neighborhood, at my feeders and fountain, and off the dock. I will not mention my indoor bird Sam, the African Grey Parrot, as I see this isn't the place for that. I have no stunning finds nor incredible photos in my history - the most surprising and absolutely accidental bird sighting of recent years was when I was out on my boat in the Potomac and ran across roughly 100 pelicans after never seeing or hearing about them being around here in the 20 years I have been in this part of the world. I am a past president of a Virginia Master Naturalists group, though I no longer participate. My last remaining tie to the world of the gainfully employed is a teaching gig at a community college. And for full transparency, I am not actually a dog, but sometimes borrow the name of an old, good friend to use online.

Hi RalphTheDog and a warm welcome to you from all the Staff and Moderators.

I'm sure you will enjoy it here and I look forward to hearing your news.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back