• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
Where premium quality meets exceptional value. ZEISS Conquest HDX.

Grey-necked Bunting and Mongolian and Crimson-winged Finches in Far East of Turkey (1 Viewer)

Arbu

I'm on a trip to climb Mt. Ararat, and we have a day tour going to Ishak Pasha Palace:

Day 5 (07/17/24)
Day of rest. Dogubayazit city, excursions - Ishak Pasha Palace, Noah's Ark Park, Iranian border, Turkish bath.

I'm more interested in trying to see Grey-necked Bunting and Mongolian and Crimson-winged Finch than Noah's Ark etc. so will probably leave the group for this day to try to find them at the palace. Can anyone give any advice on the best strategy to do so?

We're also going to Nemrut crater and Mt. Suphan, and I have the morning of 22nd free in Dogubayazit, so there are other opportunities. But it sounds as if the palace is the place to focus my attention.

Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back