• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
Where premium quality meets exceptional value. ZEISS Conquest HDX.

Fiji for photography? (1 Viewer)

smaximo

Hi,
For many years I have been thinking about visiting Fiji. I know there aren't many birds around there, but there are a ton of endemics and most of them are very beautiful and interesting, and belong to some families that I am quite fond of… Parrots, doves, honeyeaters, flycatchers and parrotfinches.

I have heard that it's not that easy to do birding around there, and especially if you are mostly interested in doing bird photography. Anyway, I was looking for some information from people that have been there and are willing to share the experience.

There isn't much info online about local tour companies that would assist regarding birding/bird photography either.

Thanks.

Travel from one island to the next is by very small plane or by boat or ferry service. That makes it much more expensive and time consuming than other countries. When I have been there I saw more varieties of bats than of birds.

Thanks for the info.
Yes, I have heard there isn't much to see and it's hard to move around, but all those fruit-doves, parrots, parrotfinches and even the flycatchers are really nice.
Are there any other guides in the main islands of Viti Levu, Vanua Levu or even in Kadavu?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back