• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
Where premium quality meets exceptional value. ZEISS Conquest HDX.

Change background colour on Win 11 (1 Viewer)

Andy Adcock

Worst person on Birdforum
Umm al-Qaiwan
My new laptop came with Win 11 installed but the background colour is black which I don't like, can someone tell me how to change it?

I've messed around all over the place for two weeks now trying to find a way to do it.

Not sure what you mean by Background.

Background in Windows 11 is what they used to call wallpaper.

But then there is also Dark Mode

Thanks for this both,
I messed around and found stuff like 'Desert' or 'night' themes and both were awful and had to go back. I seem to have inadvertently sorted it out but what I meant was that sites were showing as white text on a black background.

If it does it again and you still can't find what you did to fix it this time, you could try a browser setting to force sites back to the right colours, and over-ride whatever computer setting's coming up with dark as the default.
I just checked in Chrome's menu through Settings > Appearance, and there I can choose between Light (Birdforum looks normal), Dark (which is exactly like you described, white text on a black background), or Device - which presumably means it follows my laptop settings, cos it looks just the same as Light mode for me.

I had a similar problem. The panels on Bridge were black, and so was the arrow; making it hard to see. Tried everywhere to find how to change the arrow colour; to no avail. Suddenly, my 85 year old brain came up with some lateral thinking. Change the colour of the background instead of the arrow. I think I went for the light background, and immediately solved the problem.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back