• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
Where premium quality meets exceptional value. ZEISS Conquest HDX.

Buzzard vs Parakeet (1 Viewer)

Henry Villiers

I live in Central London and Parakeets for long time been a daily sighting and nuisance eating all the seed from my feeders. Today I saw an extraordinary sight of a flock of parakeets flying low being chased by two buzzards, i
s this normal buzzard behaviour?

I live in Central London and Parakeets for long time been a daily sighting and nuisance eating all the seed from my feeders. Today I saw an extraordinary sight of a flock of parakeets flying low being chased by two buzzards, i
I was in West London last week and saw the opposite Henry, two Parakeets and a Crow angrily mobbing a Buzzard. I’ve only ever seen Buzzards mobbing eagles or ravens myself.

Sure they weren’t all happening to be going in the same direction?
I’ve seen RNP’s enveloping a Buzzard then getting “ahead of the game”.

Cheers

Sure they weren’t all happening to be going in the same direction?
I’ve seen RNP’s enveloping a Buzzard then getting “ahead of the game”.

Cheers
That’s what I suspect was happening with Henry’s sighting too, I was more surprised to see a Buzzard low over Ealing Broadway, what with that and Red Kites checking behind the food outlets London is wilder than I remember from my younger days!(y)

That’s what I suspect was happening with Henry’s sighting too, I was more surprised to see a Buzzard low over Ealing Broadway, what with that and Red Kites checking behind the food outlets London is wilder than I remember from my younger days!(y)

Yes, the City and all “green bits West” harbour a good selection of transient passerines on the move….if you know when and where to look, not to mention BOPS.
Have had 6 species of rap. over the concrete metropolis during the last couple of years, with several just creasing the rooftops! 😮👍

Users who are viewing this thread

Back