- Atlapetes pallidiceps
- Light brownish-grey upperparts
- Darker back and wings
- White head
- Buff stripes behind eye and on crown sides
- White underparts
- Long bill, slightly pointed
Similar to White-headed Brush-Finch.
Andean mountain scrub, middle montane cloud forest. Observed at 1650-2,000 m.
Their diet consists of insects, with the addition of seeds, fruit and berries.
- Clements, J. F., T. S. Schulenberg, M. J. Iliff, D. Roberson, T. A. Fredericks, B. L. Sullivan, and C. L. Wood. 2014. The eBird/Clements checklist of birds of the world: Version 6.9., with updates to August 2014. Downloaded from http://www.birds.cornell.edu/clementschecklist/download/
- Handbook of the Birds of the World Alive (retrieved February 2015)
- BF Member observations
- BirdForum Opus contributors. (2023) Pale-headed Brushfinch. In: BirdForum, the forum for wild birds and birding. Retrieved 30 November 2023 from https://www.birdforum.net/opus/Pale-headed_Brushfinch