• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

RSPB Frampton Marsh (1 Viewer)

Please can anyone tell me if the glossy ibis is still at Frampton Marsh?

I can indeed tell you. Glossy Ibis is here today and has been for a while. It is favouring certain areas so keep an eye out for the sightings blog tomorrow and the map will point you in the right direction.

Speaking of the map and the sightings a quick update from the weekend. I mentioned the few migrants around the east coast and followed my own advice with migrant hunting and found a Firecrest on the way to Tabb's Head on Saturday. A visitor had a walk down the cross bank the following day and found a Yellow-browed Warbler. As easy as it is to get distracted by the quality on the scrapes, don't neglect the possibility of finding something smaller on the fringes. The winds aren't the best but when it does go east next then do try and make time to search for passerines as although the chances of finding something special are slender, they are impossible if you're not looking in the first place.

Great Grey Shrike still present this evening. Spent some time atop of the tall tree between VC and dipping pond, before dropping into the bushes below. Last seen about 1810. Hopefully it will stick around for tomorrow!

1 Barn Owl, 1 Kestrel, 1 Stonechat and 2 Goldcrest also about.

A belated report of a red-flanked blue-tail down Tab's Head last night

In other news, reports of a rough-legged buzzard today. Alas, the centre volunteer didn't phone the office so couldn't get out and check it whilst it was still there. Boy Wonder and i saw a bird later that *might* have been good for one, but it scarpered before we could get a scope on it.

Last edited:
Rough legged buzzard reported today off the saltmarsh, but care is needed as there are a couple of very pale common buzzards out there too. Check, check again, then check once more!

Finally saw and found a Rough-legged Buzzard yesterday. After seeing this one I'm pretty sure the unidentified buzzard over the reserve on Wednesday was RLB too. Same bird on a circuit or different birds? Other Thursday bits include Glossy lbis, Little Stint, 10x Whooper Swan, 2 Pink-footed Geese on the deck and several skeins overhead, Pale-bellied Brent in with 280 Dark-bellied Brent on Saltmarsh, must be upwards of 3000 DBB across the reserve and middle scrape is absolutely rammed with duck, mostly Wigeon. Who knows what the last day of the month will give us?

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back