• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Canon RF 600MM & 800MM with R3 Combo anyone else..? (1 Viewer)

I was rowing a 10' boat about a kilometre offshore in a Norwegian fiord. No way I'd bring a large, expensive lens with me. I'd love an 800mm, but when out and about it's all about weight and ruggedness. And salt-water is fiendish, even when the water is flat.View attachment 1520958
at the end of the day we would all like to have all the gear but most can't afford the sort of equipment that The BulbMogul has, but to post in the way he has just winds me up, i could see straight away that it was a "rub peoples noses in it" sort of thread, sorry but it's the way i saw it😲

I was rowing a 10' boat about a kilometre offshore in a Norwegian fiord. No way I'd bring a large, expensive lens with me. I'd love an 800mm, but when out and about it's all about weight and ruggedness. And salt-water is fiendish, even when the water is flat.View attachment 1520958
awesome click and thanks for sharing, after seeing these I may just go ahead and sell off the big guns and stick with my Samsung Galaxy3...

at the end of the day we would all like to have all the gear but most can't afford the sort of equipment that The BulbMogul has, but to post in the way he has just winds me up, i could see straight away that it was a "rub peoples noses in it" sort of thread, sorry but it's the way i saw it😲

Quite so with a heavy touch of arrogance & a bad dose of verbal D

awesome click and thanks for sharing, after seeing these I may just go ahead and sell off the big guns and stick with my Samsung Galaxy3...
I must admit (crying, biting finger) that the mobile's resolution leaves something to be desired (an 800 mm tele would be nice), but it is all a question of the where and when. And there is no competition wrt photo quality between the two, but the mobile (a Sony Experia IV) is always at hand (yes, it's waterproof).

I must admit (crying, biting finger) that the mobile's resolution leaves something to be desired (an 800 mm tele would be nice), but it is all a question of the where and when. And there is no competition wrt photo quality between the two, but the mobile (a Sony Experia IV) is always at hand (yes, it's waterproof).
Well, you take pictures, not sure about the guy with all the unused lens, he may actually take most of his pictures with his phone too (for picturing the unused lenses he own) :LOL:

Last edited:
Well, you take pictures, not sure about the guy with all the unused lens, he may actually take most of his pictures with his phone too (for picturing the unused lenses he own) :LOL:
On the other hand, looking at the number of binos I have and how many I actually use, I might want to be very careful in my critique of someone's use of tele lenses...

Good luck when the camera lugs fail under all that weight,most people will tell you that lens strap lugs are provided for a reason.
How I look at it is that since I am the one whom broke out the checkbook and bought these long lenses and should do what I well want to please with them even if that is putting on a strap. I been doing this for way to many years and will continue how I carry them...1B6C7356-93E8-4951-A03E-7E5A5E638D91.jpegAC8B9512-D5D7-48CA-A961-16485483EE53.jpeg2F8671EA-F38A-4C07-B469-4D28F4427609.jpeg

i only posted that picture as i could see that this was a bragging thread :unsure:
No, it’s not. Would be much better you post your pictures pertaining to the discussion.

Canon RF 600MM & 800MM with R3 Combo anyone else..?​

What ever makes one happy is all that matters however I am never happy as I am always in need of one more camera and lens to add to the fleet...:)
Not being happy with the status quo and always wanting more is probably one of the motivators that helped build our mega cities and civilization. IMHO.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back