• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Blue Bird nesting (1 Viewer)

esxi1979

United States
Hello

I have built a bird house and finally i saw blue birds nexting in that today

they seen getting nesting material each 1 min ..seems kind of hurry

now I just played with my son in trampaline which is 15 to 20 feet awat from the house ..i did saw bird going back and forth in & out

but it is still 7:30 pm pst and still light & all of sudden they are not shoiwng up

is this ok ir i scared them ?

Thanks

Hi and welcome to the forum on behalf of the staff and moderators. I think you will find us a friendly and helpful group. Good luck with the Bluebirds.

Hello

I have built a bird house and finally i saw blue birds nexting in that today

they seen getting nesting material each 1 min ..seems kind of hurry

now I just played with my son in trampaline which is 15 to 20 feet awat from the house ..i did saw bird going back and forth in & out

but it is still 7:30 pm pst and still light & all of sudden they are not shoiwng up

is this ok ir i scared them ?

Thanks
The female bluebird in our yard took about 6 days to finish her nest. She would work on it periodically, then not show up for hours on end (sometimes a full day depending on rainy/stormy weather). She also didn't sleep in the nest at night and stopped working around 7pm most nest building days. We have a lot of activity in our yard and she always comes back.

The female bluebird in our yard took about 6 days to finish her nest. She would work on it periodically, then not show up for hours on end (sometimes a full day depending on rainy/stormy weather). She also didn't sleep in the nest at night and stopped working around 7pm most nest building days. We have a lot of activity in our yard and she always comes back.
So only the female does the building ? how do we which is female ? Thank you

Hi agaom esxi

As you've already said hello, I've moved your thread to the Garden Birds forum, where more people are likely to see it.

Now i see the bird not aggresively building & i do see them once 2 days ..offcourse i do not watch continously '

so my guess is house is done & either eggs in & mom sits on them all day

i have a snake cam ... feel like sending that in inside the hole to see whats up.. just holding off .. no noice of liitle ones..

any suggestions what going on ? they the couple abondon the house ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back