• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Bird box watching! (1 Viewer)

canonman77

United Kingdom
Hello everyone. I’ve recently put up a woodcrete bird box (32mm entryway), I have a pair of Blue Tits checking it out. They’ve been coming & going for nearly 2months now. I’ve Not seen them taking nesting material inside yet, but I’m not stood there 24/7, so my question is this. Can someone recommend a camera that would do the job of taking motion activated video of the birds, I have a browning trail cam but they’re for trails, also I tried it & the blue tits didn’t like being so close & stayed away from box. Anyway your help is greatly needed. The box is situated on wall about 7foot high & is facing between north & west (nearer to west though).
Cheers
Sean

I bought this one
(2.8mm) and I'm quite happy with it.
Here you can see it in action:

Hi, it looks a good camera but I don’t want one for inside the box, just a camera to fix to fence that records birds coming & going. Mh resident Blue tits have started taking nesting material into the bird house, so 🤞🏻they’re successfull & would be a first for my garden. I should say as well my nest box is west facing & is about 15 feet away from my feeders I’ve hung in hawthorn tree. Anyway I think I’ll try my trail camera again.
Sean

Users who are viewing this thread

Back