• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Zen Ray ZRS HD (1 Viewer)

It's just one of those things that is a personal peccadillo. Rather than being more understanding and patient as I perhaps ought to be, I just tend to write off the whole thing and look elsewhere.

I know that feeling to, longbow.

It's either something you feel is sort of trivial (but annoying) problem that you think you can live with (but it gets more annoying as time goes by) or you think you are going to have to do a bunch of explaining to get sorted so it hardly seems worth it. Then you do given them a call and it's "no problem ... lets get that fixed for you response" without you even having to give them a list of reasons why it's broken.

I've actually had this with couple of companies ... I suspect I might be a bit of a pessimist (or just had some bad customer support experiences in the past).

I know find it's better just to call or email to get the ball rolling.

Well, now the Zen-ray badge has fallen out of its recess on the focus knob.
Has this happened to any body else?

At this point I'm downgrading my assessment of these bins to barely adequate. Not impressed at all.

That's not surprising. It's probably a QC issue with the subcontractor who makes the bodies (or in this case the focus knob) for the ZR. I had a similar problem years ago with an Eagle Optics Platinum Raven. I reglued it in---upside down!::h?:
Bob

After using the new objective lens covers for a few days, I think I do like them better than the originals, but they aren't perfect, either. The entire thing likes to fall off at times when they are hanging around my neck (getting caught on clothing or hands). Still, they do seem to stay on when I want them to.

Update on the replacement objective lens covers. The band that holds the caps on to the binocular body are so loose now that they fall off just as often the originals. Does anyone make aftermarket caps that I could start trying?

Eagle Optics has a similar design objective lens covers that may work better. They also sell the Quake Bushwhacker flip up covers which is what I use on some of my 42-43mm binoculars. You need the the #6 Bushwhacker.

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back