• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Warblers, southern Quebec. (1 Viewer)

Plectrophane

Alain Deschamps
Many different species passing in the area these days. including Bay-breasted Walbler. I think this is one of them but have some doubt. The second one is a Magnolia , I'm pretty sure. Some are relativeley easy to ID. It's far from easy to take any good photos.

Attachments

• IMG_3990.JPG
    IMG_3990.JPG
    916.6 KB · Views: 38
  • IMG_3982.JPG
    IMG_3982.JPG
    699.5 KB · Views: 38
Hi Alain,

Agree that the second bird is Magnolia. Broad yellow rump, olive-green back and grey head confirm that. The strong face pattern and short tail of the first one are suggestive of juvenile Blackburnian but a view from another angle would definitely help - do you have any other images of this bird?

Thanks

Stu

Hi Alain,

Agree that the second bird is Magnolia. Broad yellow rump, olive-green back and grey head confirm that. The strong face pattern and short tail of the first one are suggestive of juvenile Blackburnian but a view from another angle would definitely help - do you have any other images of this bird?

Thanks

Stu
Hi Stuart

I have this photo, which is possibly not the same bird, since they were moving around so much.

Attachments

• IMG_3991.JPG
    IMG_3991.JPG
    622.8 KB · Views: 14
Warning! This thread is more than 2 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back