• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Revalations and the ZR binocular (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
<snip>
In my world dnr means do not resuscitate - I think that the proverbial plug needs to be pulled on the comments of both clr & dnr.

Let me try again.
What do you mean by:
"I think that the proverbial plug needs to be pulled on the comments of both clr & dnr"

John, I only meant that perhaps this has all gone far enough. There was nothing else behind my comment. We have all voiced our opinions on his opinion - myself included. This is a great forum with lots of great discourse - some heated, some funny and all educational. By pulling the proverbial plug, I just meant stop. So there there is no misunderstanding, there was no threat implied or stated. Pulling the plug on this thread would perhaps been more appropriate statement. If any one was concerned or offended, please accept my sincere apologies.

John, I only meant that perhaps this has all gone far enough. There was nothing else behind my comment. We have all voiced our opinions on his opinion - myself included. This is a great forum with lots of great discourse - some heated, some funny and all educational. By pulling the proverbial plug, I just meant stop. So there there is no misunderstanding, there was no threat implied or stated. Pulling the plug on this thread would perhaps been more appropriate statement. If any one was concerned or offended, please accept my sincere apologies.

I´m with you, Laura....every shade of opinion has already been expressed, and if the laughs have finished, it´s time to move on. In the grand scheme of things, binoculars are not the greatest problem facing folk, and as regards the original question raised, I think Steve C has been exonerated, and I look forward to further bino-reviews by him! Good weekend, folks.:t:

For most folks, under certain lighting conditions, a thin "veil" of "fuzziness" shows up in the bottom half of the field of view. There has been considerable discussion of it over in the Zen ED 7x36 evalutation thread. EdZ did a nice job of putting up a diagram on it.

Interesting, and thanks for the description. An interesting aberation. I have not seen something like that before, alpha glass or otherwise. As described, it does not sound like flair. Perhaps it is akin to that and to do with one or more of the coatings. But a zone of fuzziness rather than the usual look of flair/glare, that is different.

BTW; The only Alpha glass that i have ever noticed marked a tendency to flair (not that i have tried them all :-C ), is my Zeiss 8x30 BGAT-P, which seem to flair sooner on a sunny day when aimed near the Sun.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back