• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Rare and Scarce Birds in Warwickshire (3 Viewers)

Draycote Water this morning

Red Breasted Merganser (1) off Farborough Point

Goosander (1f) off Draycote Bank by valve tower

Little Egret (1) Rainbow Corner

Yellow Legged Gull (2)

Dunlin (3)

Little Ringed Plover (3)

Images on my blog - link below.

Hi all,

I'm from Nuneaton, Warwickshire. My parents still live there and I got an email tonight via them from a family friend with a bird to ID that had spent the evening in their garden.

The bird in question was a Black Redstart. The bird was present in a private garden in Weddington, Nuneaton, Warwickshire today.

Cheers, Andy

Draycote 4th August

Wood Sandpiper Farborough Spit lunchtime and again this evening (via Hippo :t:) Red-breasted Merganser still there.

Regards

John

I'm pretty sure i saw an Osprey dead on the central reservation of the northbound M40 today about a mile past Warwick services,anyone seen any in the area recently?

Draycote Water is livening up now with the low water levels giving waders some places to stop and feed.

Last Tuesday I had the Wood Sandpiper,several Dunlin,Common Sandpipers,Ringed and Little Ringed Plovers,a Wheatear and a Black Tailed Godwit.The best area was the Farborough bank spit.

Well worth a visit at the moment.

Max.

Eclipse male Garganey at Terry's Pool, Earlswood Lakes this morning, still present when I left. It had earlier been feeding on the "mudflats" at Engine Pool!
Matt

Draycote Water this morning

A walk to Farborough spit was very productive:

Manx Shearwater (1) Centre of reservoir;
Little Stint (1) Farborough Spit;
Ringed Plover (2) Farborough Spit:
Little Ringed Plover (2) Farborough Spit;
Dunlin (c11) Farborough Spit;
Turnstone (1) Farborough Bank;
Greenshank (2) Farborough Bank;
Ruff (1) Farborough Bank;
Swift (5) Over;
Yellow Wagtail (c7) Farborough Bank;
Wheatear (1) Farborough Bank.

Also reported but not seen by me:
Little Gull
Black Tern

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back