• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Rare and Scarce Birds in Warwickshire (2 Viewers)

Hoopoe Earlswood

From pager---"Hoopoe Earlswood in area with no general access at 11am then flew off + no sign since"

Any further gen Matt?

Regards

John

From pager---"Hoopoe Earlswood in area with no general access at 11am then flew off + no sign since"

Any further gen Matt?

Regards

John

I'm surprised this was put on the pager as I was told not to tell anyone about it! The bird was first seen at horse pastures which birders could check from gates along Norton Lane and Wood Lane. There is also a footpath from Wood Lane to Rumbush Farm which can be used to scan from. To birders in general, please do not enter the fields / stray too far off path, as there is a high chance you'll be caught if trespassing in this area.
http://www.streetmap.co.uk/map.srf?...&st=2&pc=B94+5JH&mapp=map.srf&searchp=ids.srf (change zoom to 1:25000 to see footpath)
Matt

P.S. I haven't seen it.

Last edited:
I'm surprised this was put on the pager as I was told not to tell anyone about it! The bird was first seen at horse pastures which birders could check from gates along Norton Lane and Wood Lane. There is also a footpath from Wood Lane to Rumbush Farm which can be used to scan from. To birders in general, please do not enter the fields / stray too far off path, as there is a high chance you'll be caught if trespassing in this area.
http://www.streetmap.co.uk/map.srf?...&st=2&pc=B94+5JH&mapp=map.srf&searchp=ids.srf (change zoom to 1:25000 to see footpath)
Matt

P.S. I haven't seen it.

Thanks Matt

Regards

John

Still no sign of the Earlswood Hoopoe this morning.

I notice on Max's blog that he's taken photos of a Spotted Flycatcher in Warks which strangely has a bold black mark on the ear-coverts in view.
http://maxsbirdingdiary.blogspot.com/2011/07/fun-and-games-in-churchyard.html (hope you don't mind Max)
Any suggestions?
Matt

Hi Matt.I don't mind at all.Of course I didn't notice the mark and would be interested to know.

A far better pic of the same bird taken by my friend Kath can be seen here :-

http://www.flickr.com/photos/45304831@N02/5901318013/in/photostream

Max.

Last edited:
Oh ok then John so you never came on the birdclub trips then,seems i ran them and and you were on a few of them I recall i.e Norfolk,Fen Dayton,Gratham & Paxton 8-P

I have been on Nuneaton Bird club trips when you were present but I have never personally gone out birdwatching with yourself.
There was no I.D incident concerning Bittern and Heron as you suggest.
However in Norfolk last year near Great Yarmouth looking for Rough-Legged Buzzard, there were 3 Short-eared Owl hunting over the marshes which you said were Long-eared Owls and a Chinese Water Deer you dismissed as a Muntjac, all from a man who can't decide wether he can see after dark or not, I can only suggest you eat more carrots Richard.
I believe people know what your up to and are not really interested and therefore I will no longer read your comments or reply to them.

Regards, John

16/7/11 RE: Birdline report at Fisher's mill Quail Calling, Tame Valley birding saying Geoff Williams. Fisher's mill is in Warwickshire there is no Corn Field at Fisher's mill. I believe you will find the cornfields near Fisher's mill bridge are in Staffordshire and thus Drayton Bassett.

Regards, John

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back