• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Osprey migration (1 Viewer)

I've been following this story on the website after hearing about it on Radio 4's World on the Move programme (11am Tuesdays).
Back in Britain today-great news!

Hope she passes by my way. Apparently Ospreys have been seen previously through Hull, now a nice reservoir just to the North. May have to take time off work to go watch, just in case.

There's every chance she may come our way although I notice she went down the west coast last autumn. Will be listening in the morning as it's a live programme & should get an up to the minute location.

According to Roy Dennis on World On The Move this morning, Logie (the Osprey in question) is just north of Abingdon this morning, having re-orientated to pursue her northward migration on the west side of the country.

Her mate is already at the nest, awaiting her arrival.

Phew i was beginning to wonder why the site hasn't been updated
The tension has been mounting since she reached our shores. I watch this site every day from my temporary perch in North Carolina and feel i willed Logie onward especially when she stalled in N Spain .

Imagine my excitement to witness her flying around the River Thames at Pangbourne, Berks yesterday afternoon....sadly my photogtaph is of poor quality but a decent record shot nonetheless!

Imagine my excitement to witness her flying around the River Thames at Pangbourne, Berks yesterday afternoon....sadly my photogtaph is of poor quality but a decent record shot nonetheless!

I quite agree, it's like meeting an old friend! We were lucky enough to see her at Bittell Reservoir this morning, just for about 10 mins. Will never forget it. It was pretty murky so photos were difficult. Hubby Jack took this one.

Attachments

• Copy of Logie 12.JPG
    Copy of Logie 12.JPG
    23.9 KB · Views: 96
Just noticed Logie arrived back in Scotland today !!
i wish i could see the scene when she arrives back to her mate and nestsite. Am currently in Asheville N Carolina and until yesterday felt i was missing out on the Osprey journey, but we took a stroll after work along out local river and a lone Osprey came through on its way north, it wasn;t Logie of course but it was a great sight , knowing this bird had probably had an eventful trip homeward the same as Logie

Logies problems are far from over! according to the website a female rival turned up at her nest yesterday and there is a strong chance she could arrive home today!

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back