• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Nikon eye candy.... (1 Viewer)

chill6x6

Supporter
Yesterday used the EDGs, 7X42 and 8X42. I put the others in the Jeep and took a few quick pics.
I've got them kinda arranged...30/32mm and 42mm then the whole lot.
Always feel free to add your picures!

E61E6A13-451E-4610-8C04-B69EE30C0275_1_201_a.jpeg

AAF5908B-367E-4C2D-A113-B2539963B37D_1_201_a.jpeg

CBB6F2C2-FACD-47DA-B2C3-50A58C3CBC32_1_201_a.jpeg

Had my first encounter w/ Monarch M7 when someobody handed me a pair at the star party last night. I'm too much of a bino snob to buy M7's.....I really liked them! They were unbelievably light in weight, absolute featherweights, and the optics and focuser were good.

interesting collection there - some rare EDG I's., some 32mm EDG, and a 42mm HG it looks like?

Chuck, I am so envious. We don't put things in the jeep here. Sigh....
I love Jeep and I always have! It really doesn't work as ones only vehicle. I know folks that do it but....doesn't handle very well, noisy, MPG-16.4....but Jeeps are one of my favorite vehicles! Alabama is for the most part a rural area so Jeeps work pretty well. Come on to Bama and we'll go for a ride!

Had my first encounter w/ Monarch M7 when someobody handed me a pair at the star party last night. I'm too much of a bino snob to buy M7's.....I really liked them! They were unbelievably light in weight, absolute featherweights, and the optics and focuser were good.

interesting collection there - some rare EDG I's., some 32mm EDG, and a 42mm HG it looks like?
I've always like the Monarch/M7. You summed it up well! Most FOV in their class. That 8X30 has been a real workhorse.

You're missing the 6x15 or 7x15 Mikrons. And the WX, of course.
I like the idea of the Mikrons...they are pretty cute and functional. I wanted a WX when they first came out. The 7X50 has the ER I need but I wanted the added magnification of the 10X50 and I was never convinced by any online source that the 10X50 ER would be sufficient. And to be honest with myself if would collect dust for sure. $6000 worth.

... and the 8x30 and 9x35 Microns. As well as the 8x30E and 10x35E.
The 10x35E has twinkled my eye a time for two. I did have a 8X32SE at one time. I wish I hadn't sold it.

And I thought I had it bad 😉✌🏼🙏🏼
You do, oh you do!

Oh. Chill6X6 got it bad. Real bad.

That is some addiction. Lordy.
Not an addiction...it's a hobby! ;)And that's kinda why I'm taking a few pictures.... I've been thinking about thinning it out.

I love Jeep and I always have! It really doesn't work as ones only vehicle. I know folks that do it but....doesn't handle very well, noisy, MPG-16.4....but Jeeps are one of my favorite vehicles! Alabama is for the most part a rural area so Jeeps work pretty well. Come on to Bama and we'll go for a ride!
Indeed they are cool. Newest ones look even more so. Intended something else. Living northeast of Silicon Valley, just across the Bay from San Francisco, starter homes are a million bucks, gas is $5 plus, lunch 20, rents 2K and up. We though, have learned not to leave anything in the car... Car windows get smashed. Cant walk streets of Oakland, and not see piles of glass on the edge of the road. Me? Twice. One bino gone. Im envious you can still leave stuff in car. Weather's awesome, (so far). Global warming? Birding incredible... Go figger.

Lol. Sounds like parts of NY. Funny you cant leave anything in your car, In parts of NY, (brooklyn/Bronx) you can’t even leave your car. Yet in parts of upstate NY, people leave cars unlocked, windows open and houses unlocked. But in those areas it would be unwise to walk up someone’s driveway.

Thanks for starting this one Chuck - I haven't got any leica's anymore - the ultravid '32 is tremendously appealing as a pocket rocket but unfortunately my anatomy doesn't get on well with most of the rest, I really want to get on with the noctivid (particularly in green) but the eye cups don't extend quite far enough. Back to Nikon though- my e2's been used again today, in eye candy terms it gives a very sweet view.

Will
IMG_20230724_133105485_HDR.jpgIMG_20230724_134711379_HDR.jpg

A few classic Nikons.
Great group of binoculars!
Thanks for starting this one Chuck - I haven't got any leica's anymore - the ultravid '32 is tremendously appealing as a pocket rocket but unfortunately my anatomy doesn't get on well with most of the rest, I really want to get on with the noctivid (particularly in green) but the eye cups don't extend quite far enough. Back to Nikon though- my e2's been used again today, in eye candy terms it gives a very sweet view.

Will
View attachment 1522337View attachment 1522338
Beautiful pictures! I've been surprised, in a positive way by only a few binoculars. The E-II is one of those binoculars. It's just a great little binocular! I think every binocular aficionado should should have one of these.
Oh I do like to be beside the seaside with my Nikon EII:
View attachment 1522365
Nice!

Indeed they are cool. Newest ones look even more so. Intended something else. Living northeast of Silicon Valley, just across the Bay from San Francisco, starter homes are a million bucks, gas is $5 plus, lunch 20, rents 2K and up. We though, have learned not to leave anything in the car... Car windows get smashed. Cant walk streets of Oakland, and not see piles of glass on the edge of the road. Me? Twice. One bino gone. Im envious you can still leave stuff in car. Weather's awesome, (so far). Global warming? Birding incredible... Go figger.
Oh, I gotcha! That's really sad Tom.
Here's to great birding and weather! :)

Great group of binoculars!

Beautiful pictures! I've been surprised, in a positive way by only a few binoculars. The E-II is one of those binoculars. It's just a great little binocular! I think every binocular aficionado should should have one of these.

Nice!
Yes, and you should have the 10x35 E2! All the goodness of the 8x30 but more aperture and a very comfortable eyepiece w/ the small exit pupil. 21 ounces. One of the few to survive the recent brutal cut-down of my own collection :(

Yes, and you should have the 10x35 E2! All the goodness of the 8x30 but more aperture and a very comfortable eyepiece w/ the small exit pupil. 21 ounces. One of the few to survive the recent brutal cut-down of my own collection :(
Yes indeed Scott. Enjoyed using the magnificent 10x35 EII to glass Choughs - somewhat of a Corvid rarity in Britain - gliding on the summer thermals above the cliffs of Pembrokeshire, Wales.
IMG_7999.jpeg

They look like RYO harness attachments. I have several of those buckles on bins, and just one harness that can be attached to whichever you want to use.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back